Monday, January 6, 2014

WHAT A YEAR IT'S BEEN!



As we say good-bye to 2013 and hello to 2014 my mind has been on reflection mode; thanking God for all the goodness of the year, processing through the hardships and anticipating what 2014 will look like. 

HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2013

GREATEST LESSON LEARNED: I learned to depend on God for everything in this year of transitions. Through this lesson my relationship with God  has grown in a deeper way.

HARDEST THING OF THE YEAR: Leaving a place I loved so dearly and moving to new country where I experienced so many "firsts"!  

FAVORITE MEMORIES: 1) Senior Bucket List with my dear college friends (Nigeria Falls, Florida Trip, Gas City Zoo, ect) 2) Dinner parties with friends 3) Working as a Title 1 Aide at Eastbrook South 4) Graduating from Taylor University 5) Spending the summer with my best friend from high school 6) First Day of being a teacher in my OWN classroom 7) Dinners at the Housers 8) Ice Cream Unit with my students 9) Christmas Shopping (and other adventures) with a lovely friend 10) Being home for Christmas with my family! 

WHAT I LOVED MOST ABOUT 2013: the memories, the still moments, the dreams that came true and the discovery of something new.


LOOK FORWARD TO 2014

WANT TO LEARN: something new to do in the evenings- something not teacher-related just something fun, relaxing, and inspiring- a new hobby! 

WANT TO GET BETTER AT: balancing life, teaching, and community.

BIGGEST GOAL: working on the fruits of the spirit (more to come on this topic in another blog post)!

I don't know what exactly God has in store for me in 2014, but I can tell you one thing for sure-I'm not planning on spending much of it my comfort zone! I want to experience and embrace all that God has for me in this new year!

Love,
Daniella

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment