Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lessons learned from 55 miles

       This group of beautiful women are women that I get the honor of working and serving with this year and I am so excited. We have all decided to be PA (personal assistants’ a.k.a RA at most colleges) together for English Hall.  We have been busy in training since last Wednesday preparing our hearts and minds for the job of providing community, support, events and love for our dorm life this year.
      One thing that we started out our together was going on PA retreat to Michigan. We stop about 55 miles outside of Mackinaw Island at a church where we pulled out our bikes. We took the challenge of biking 55 miles through a cute little town by the lake, beautiful forest, along the dunes, a long stretch of nothing to get to a little ice cream shop and finally through Mackinac City where we spent the night before exploring the awesome island of Mackinac where they are famous for their fudge.
          I learned a lot from this bike ride retreat. I think the most important thing that I learned was that I will never be alone on the journey of being PA. The bike ride put into perspective the feelings that I am going to feel this year: joyful, excited, tried, perseverance, challenging, encouraged, strengthen and so much more, but in the end you have God who is giving you strength and wisdom and you have people around you who encourage and care about you.  
          I am so thankful for the memories that I made on this trip and the lesson that God taught me! I kind of want to bike 55 miles again…

No comments:

Post a Comment