Thursday, July 25, 2013

Change


The summer is quickly coming to end. It has been a very fun, relaxing, and an adventurous summer in Montana with my dear family.  I’m so thankful for each moment of hiking, browsing stores, eating ice cream, road-trips, seating by the lake, eating huckleberry pancakes & muffins, and seeing my little sister drive on her own for the very first time.  I love my family dearly!

 
This summer was also filled with two-weeks in Southaven, Mississippi (near Memphis, TN) for orientation for my teaching job in South Korea. It was wonderful to meet other teachers who are doing the same thing as me, teaching around the world in International Schools.  We learned a ton about teaching TCK’s, transition, safety, and our personalities according to the DISC test. I’m so thankful and feel comforted that there are other teachers who are transitioning just like me all around the world.

A change for me this summer is that I’m no longer going to be teaching 3rd grade, but I will be teaching 2nd grade!!! I’m very excited to meet my little 2nd graders in about two weeks!!! Eeekkk!

As I make this transition I feel a ray of emotions. I’m so excited to set-up my first classroom, meet my co-workers, learn a new culture, but I’m also very sad to be leaving my family & friends. This is not going to be easy, but God has not called us to “easy”. I know with all of my heart that teaching in an International school is something that God has laid on my heart so clearly. He has given me the passion to teach child who are going through the same thing that I grow-up with which I totally loved! I’m so thankful for clear guidance of God.  

Well, in 5 days I will be getting on the plane to South Korea to start my crazy, amazing adventure!  If you would like to pray I would appreciate prayer for a smooth and safe transition to Korea. Also, for my family as we say good-bye that they would be at peace!

Love, Daniella
 

No comments:

Post a Comment