Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hello, Korea!


Hello!
Korea has welcomed me with warm humid weather and sweet sweet people! I have only been in Korea for less than 24 hours and I feel at “home”.  I have my wonderful parents to thank for this as they have shown over and over again great examples of transitioning into different cultures smoothly. Of course I miss my family and friends like crazy, but like I mentioned in my good-bye post “Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you, until we meet again!” Christmas will be a sweet time with family and friends! J

I woke up early this morning (thanks jetlag) so I decided to unpack and got it all done. Yay! Then I went on a walking tour with a lady I will be working with. It was so fun to see the grocery store that is near my home, learn about the market days, coffee shops, the shopping strip near the military base, where other teachers from the school live and more.  Not to mention getting to know a new friend!

One thing that I found out about the Korean culture is that nothing is open until after 10am except for 24-hours stores. So crazy! Korean people are night-owls! Oh, no! I’m definitely not, but at least I will have some quiet mornings!

I’m so excited for the next couple of weeks of meeting new friends, exploring my new “home”, setting up my classroom and preparing to teach my little ones!

I promise to post pictures soon as I want to go on a picture walk in the next couple of days!

Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment