Thursday, January 23, 2014

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)

The Sunday before I flew back to Korea I attended my family’s church, Fresh Life. I have actually been listening to Fresh Life podcasts while in Korea. They have been a huge ministry to me as I walk through this chapter in my life. I have gone on many walks and runs listening to Pastor Levi speak God words so intentionally and boldly.  During the Sunday morning service I felt an overwhelming feeling of the Holy Spirit healing my heart as Pastor Levi preached about how God “bores us up on Eagles and carries us through it all”. WOW! This message hit me like no other. I have never felt the way I did when I heard that message (a part of me thinks that  this message was written just for me). Everything in the message spoke to me. I had steady streams of tears flowing down my checks the whole service. At the end of the service we sang “Oceans” by Hillsong. This song speaks everything that I am going through and how I want to respond:

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
[x6]

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine
 

Pastor Levi  came up with a list of the ways that he has seen God work in Fresh Life over the past seven years. He challenged us to come up with a list of ways of how we have seen God in our different situations or just agree with the one that he has seen. I took some of his insight and tweak it to what God was putting on my heart:
1.      He went before you and set things up
2.      He always does His promises
3.      He hasn’t given up on us (grace)
4.      He has made me more like Him
5.      Dark days haven’t destroyed me (peace in the storm/ anchor to our soul)
6.      He has sabotaged my suffering (sadness into dancing, crying into laughing)

 

I left the church service with tear-stained checks, but also with a hope that my faith will be made stronger as I allowed God to carry me. “Oceans” is a song that will be put on replying over and over again in my heart and mind.
                                                                                                            Love, Daniella

 

No comments:

Post a Comment