Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mr. Thiel

Mr. Thiel is man who has amazing heart. He cares about each person that enters into his life. He believes in you even when you don’t believe in yourself. He teaches with passion and understanding. He challenges you to think beyond what you can think.  He takes time for you. He encourages you. He listens with his whole heart and responds with wisdom. Mr. Thiel was my high school math teacher who impacted my life. I enter into his math class my sophomore year with absolute no confidence and after three years of being in his math classes (which is very rare with the fact that I went to high school of 1,000 students and lots of different math teachers and yes they were all different math classes!) He believed in me and told me daily. I left with more confidence then when I entered.

Over Christmas break I was able to go and see him. We had a great time talking and catching up since I graduated from high school. Meeting with Mr. Thiel over break was definitely a divine appointment. He spoke some very wise wisdom into my life and showed me again what it means to have confidence. Thanks to you, Mr. Thiel, I am praying that I gain my confidence again this year to be who God has created me to be. Thank you for making a huge impact in my life and always believing in me. I still have that mechanical pencil you gave me with the secret eraser. You said “sometimes in life even when you have confidence you make mistakes, but you can always fix them so go out into the world with confidence” J

*sadly my picture of Mr. Thiel and I is only in a real picture in Montana! :(



The Pencil Mr. Thiel Gave Me!

1 comment:

  1. I had a wonderful 6th grade Math teacher a long time ago in Houston at Lanier Middle School. I wonder if it's the same Mr. Thiel.

    ReplyDelete