Sunday, May 10, 2015

To Mama

She just gets me and listens to my heart so attentively. She doesn’t judge me for what I say. She gives me time to respond. She gives me space to cry. She embraces me tightly. She points me to Christ. She encourages me. She supports me. She challenges me. She is always there. She is my beautiful mama and best friend.

What a sweet blessing it is to have my mama be one of my best friends. I know that it is a special gift and I wish that everyone could have such a sweet relationship with their mama’s.  There is just something so unique about it.

I love that we share our heart for the world and loving on others. I love that we get the giggles so often over the silliest things (and have had many close calls of wetting our pants or this may have happen a few times already J) I love that we have desire to continue to grow in who God is calling us to be. I love that no matter where we are in the world- we can always text or call or write a letter.

I am so thankful for the many lessons that my mama has taught me over the years and I anxiously wait for the ones that she will still teach me. She has taught me the heart of hospitality. She has given me the example of what it means to be a loving wife and mother through all seasons of life. She has shown me what it means to fight for your dreams. She has shown me what it looks to face your challenges and enemies with prayer. These are just a few of the many.

We have so many great memoires together, but most recently we made memoires in South Korea. What a huge blessing it was to have my mama here in my home for now- experiencing my everyday life. Loving on my community and students. Exploring Korea with me. Encouraging me and loving me when I needed it most in this season of life.  Thank you mama for taking time to visit me in Korea. You don’t even know how special it was for me or how much it meant to me! It really do mean the world to me and helped me to refocus on finishing this school year strong.

So here’s a few pictures of our time together! The rest will be on facebook:


My mama sharing her heart on hospitality to the ladies of my church. Love hearing her speak from her heart!  

My #1 supporter, my mom, got to see my soccer team win tournament! :)



She has always been so adventurous. We found a hole in the wall dumplings restaurant! We love it! Probably one of our favorites!

Having breakfast coffee with my mama is one of my favorite things. We always have heart to heart conversations over slipping coffee and tea!

Seeing beauty with my mama brought us both so much JOY!

Our dream finally came true!!! My mama got to see my classroom and students for real life. We have both been dreaming of this day for years! What a blessing it was to have her in my classroom. My heart exploded hearing and watching her read to my students! They were captured by her reading!

 

Happy Mother’s Day, Mama! I love you SO much! 
Love, Daniella
P.S I can’t wait to be a mama someday and hopefully passed all the lessons that you have taught me to my children! J

No comments:

Post a Comment