Monday, April 20, 2015

Happy Birthday, Grandma!


One of my biggest blog fans is celebrating her eighty-third birthday today and oh, how I wish I could be with her in person, but I love that I know that she is reading this right now. It makes me smile, Grandma knowing that you can read this because you are so techy with your computer! Thanks for getting a computer to keep in touch with me as I am an ocean away from you! Thank you for always sending an encouragement email after I have posted a blog. I always look forward to it!

I love this lady so much!!!
Grandma- today you are eight-three and I am praying for at least twenty more years of celebrating you! J You are my hero, Grandma. You have shown me what it means to follow after your dreams and to be an independent woman. You are an amazing example of woman who seeks after God’s heart and believes in the power of prayer. Thank you so much for investing into my life with prayer! When I think of you grandma I think of a lady, who loves deeply, has a deep desire to bless others, full of laughter and joy, and always keeping up with the times! I love to show you off and say “well my grandma…. rides in speed boat still” “my grandma loves to drink Starbucks Frappuccino’s” “my grandma is super adventurous”!!!  



Adventurous Grandma!  



You have taught me so much and I am so thankful for your wisdom. Thank you for teaching me to take care of yourself so you can pour into others. That there is always an excuse to buy a new dress! J That taking a Sabbath day is much important (still learning this, but you are a great example of this)!

Our little tradition every time we are together
I cherish all the memories we have together. Getting our green tea frappes, shopping for dresses, riding a speed boat, picking raspberries, laughing at every chance we have and so many more!!! I am so thankful for the summers at your home and the Christmases we have had together. Thank you for always loving me deeply and welcoming me into your home. You are so fun, caring and so generous!

You are on my favorite people on this Earth! I hope your eight-third birthday was filled with love and joy! You deserve a day all about you!

One of my favorite days from this past summer... fish tacos and the beach with Grandma!
My prayer for you this year that you will be free in who Christ has called you to be as a woman of God. That you would rely on Him alone for strength, wisdom and through that you would be able to pour more freely into others. You have been amazing support and care-giver to grandpa. I know that you have had to slow down and get rid of some extra activities in your life, but remember the most important thing is to do all you do for the glory of God.  Keep seeking after God’s heart, my dear Grandma!

And I am expecting to write at least twenty more of these blogs over the next twenty years! J Happy Birthday, Grandma! I love you SO much!!!

Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment