Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sara(h)s in my life

I am completely amazed at how God so incredibly works in our lives and how He knits and orchestrates everything in my life together for His good. For His glory. For His way. As I have been reflecting on the past ten years of my life (Wow! I can’t believe that’s how long it has been since I was a freshman in high school- I’m getting old!) I have noticed a common theme more like a common name no more like a common name of three amazing ladies and one little girl who have impacted my life, pointed me towards Christ, supported me and loved me so incredibly well! These four beautiful women all have something so in common even though none of them have ever met each other. These ladies all share the same name Sara(h). They may have different spelling, but it is still the name Sara(h). Sara(h) meaning “princess”, a noble woman. Each of these ladies reflects this name so well being a noble woman of God- seeking His kingdom first and pointing others towards Christ. I feel so incredible blessed to know these Sara(h)s  and just stand in awe praising God that He so divinely placed each of them in my life at a strategic time.

In high school, God placed Sarah Schmautz in my life as my Tuesday morning bible study leader. I would wake up every Tuesday and drive to “town” to hang out with other high school girl’s at 7am to listen to Sarah share her heart with us and point us to Christ while enjoying a yummy breakfast. She showed me so much love and how to dig deep into a bible study- one of my favorites was Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. She was so encouraging and loving. She met each of us where we were and encouraged us to seek Christ throughout the week with our actions and words as we lived out our role as students. Sarah- I don’t know if I have ever told you how much of an impact you were on my life in high school, but I want to take the time now to tell you! You blessed me so much and were/are an amazing example of a Godly woman.  My heart desire is to be able to do something like you did for me in the future for high school girls. I would love to have a breakfast bible study! J

Don't have picture of us, Sarah Schmautz, but this quote is perfect!
In college, God blessed me with another Sara, Sara James! Sara came into my life my sophomore year as my hall director and towards the end I became a PA under her meaning I got to spend so much awesome time with her my junior year. I would never trade that year for anything. Sara- I want to take the time to thank you for pouring into my life, for pointing me towards Christ, for believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself, for walking with me through heartache and unknowns. Thank you for loving on me and always encouraging me. One thing you taught that will always stay with me is seeing the fruit of the spirit as a way to see if I am living out my faith! It is something that I constantly come back to throughout my days. I miss our heart to heart talks. I miss you massaging my hair during PA meetings and your joyful spirit!

I love you, Sara James!
In my first real years of adulthood (aka. Life outside of college) God so divinely and purposefully even before I arrived in South Korea placed my name on a heart of a Sarah, Sarah Houser.  Sarah has heard my heart, my pains, my frustrations, my joys, my tears, my thankfulness, and my journey of learning what it means to live a life for Christ alone. She has been a safe place, an encouragement, a blessing, a joy, and a prayer warrior in my life. She has so graciously share her family with me and has allowed her family to become #myfamilyawayfromfamily.  Sarah- As we continue to walk our journey together here in South Korea however long God has us in the same place I want to make sure to never take advantage of gaining wisdom from you! Thank you for so faithfully pouring into my heart even when I don’t always deserve it.  You have shown me what it means to live a life of continuing to seek God even in the hard, even in the waiting and even in the unknowns, and even when we don’t see the reason, but we can rest in God because He is faithful and His timing is perfect, not ours. Thanks for being my cheerleader!
Sarah Houser- I love you!
One little girl, Princess which means Sarah!!! What this is crazy!!! God works in such amazing ways! This just blows me away that God so perfectly orchestrate this all together- my heart is overflowing with praise to Him. If you were sitting next to me as I am writing this you would see the biggest smile on my face and hear my voice singing! God- you are SO good. You are SO incredible! You are SO faithful and provide in such amazing ways. I completely blown away by you! Princess is the little girl who captured my heart in Kenya when I felt defeated, not valued, not loved or supported. She loved me, hugged me, laughed with me and smiled with me.  God used her to show me how valuable we are to Him. We are His beautiful daughters who are so loved, so cared for, so worth it and completely in need of Him alone. If you would love to hear more about Princess and the impact that God used Princess in my life you can read this blog post!

Forever in my heart, Princess!
Each of these Sara(h)s have allowed God to touch my life! It just overwhelms my heart to think that God loves me SO much. He cares about me SO much that He would take the time to orchestrate each of these Sara(h)’s into my life and use them to bring me closer to Him. How GREAT is our God!
Love, Daniella

**Just to clarify if your name is not Sarah it does not mean that God has not used you in my life. God has placed so many incredible people in my life and I am SO thankful for each and every one of you. The Sara(h)s that are mentioned are ones that God has been placing on my heart again this year as a reminder to me of His faithfulness in my life as I live out my 24th year- a year of refreshment, remembering and refocusing! (More to come on this in another blog). Please don’t be offend or hurt that’s not my goal behind sharing this with you all! If you would like to talk to me about please do! **

1 comment:

  1. You're too sweet! Thanks for your kind words - they were good for these dry bones!

    ReplyDelete