Monday, June 15, 2015

Twenty-four

Twenty-four and so excited for this year of living passionately for my savior. For my birthday this year I just wanted to spend the morning alone embracing this time in my life. Those of you who have read my blog continuously know the journey I have been on and right now I can honestly say I am exhausted not only in my body, but also my soul. The past two years have definitely been years of learning, growing and challenging. But lately as I have been asking God why? He has pointed me so clearly to His truth. He is definitely using these years to draw me closer to His heart and transforming me to become a Proverbs 31 woman of excellence not perfection. I have tried to live my life for so long in perfection filling my schedule packed full, trying to do everything so well and putting a lot of pressure on myself. I am slowly learning what it means to depend on God completely and alone instead trying to do things on my own or depending on the world.  With all this to say I really felt like I just needed to set apart time to refresh, remember and refocus on my birthday.
My students surprised me with a "healthy" cake!  
I made the adventure to Seoul by myself. I loved every minute of it. It was so peaceful, exciting and relaxing. I found this really cute street of shops and coffee shops. I just browsed through stores and then sat at my favorite Starbucks for an Early Gray Tea Latte and greek yogurt! Journaling and blogging have become my dear friend since moving overseas- it has been a beautiful way for me to express what’s on my heart and process it all. (Really this blog is more for me than anyone else, but I am glad that you enjoy reading it and hope it points you to Christ!) Three words came to my heart as I was journaling, soaking in scripture and being still in God for this year of living out twenty-four refreshment, remembering and refocusing.

Refreshment: Something that I have been striving for for so long is rest and longing to have energy. It has been a struggle, but I believe this is my year to be refreshed. And I am starting it by having a nice and relaxing summer with family and friends. Many hours will be spent sipping earl gray tea, reading, soaking in the sun, time apart with my Savior, and being spontaneous.  For the rest of the year I want to be intentional and not feel guilty about setting apart time each day to relax and reenergize whether that’s through reading, running, journaling or napping J! I have been learning that “our mornings, our evenings, and our every hour-in between have purpose, and that purpose is to know Christ and to make Him know”, but this can’t be done apart from feeding on the Living word of God and choosing to have our identify rooted in Him.  I say this because I believe that my soul will find refreshment the more I focus on God and see that everything that I do has a purpose even the little things like washing dishes or big things loving on my community or students.  Instead of allowing these worldly things to suck my energy I am choosing to change my mind-set to see them as a way to bring glory to God and make His name known!
Remembering: I believe of a lot of this year will be remembering. Remembering the past twenty-four years and how faithful God has been.  Sometimes when you go through hard seasons it’s hard to see how faithful God is, but can I tell you He is so faithful in every season. Oh, my! How faithful God has been. Remembering the people who have impacted my life and encouraged me so much the past twenty-four years. Remembering the memories that I have been so blessed with you. It hit me hard this birthday how blessed I am to be alive and that I have been given twenty-four years of life so far. I don’t want to waste a single day focusing on worldly things, but instead living each day as an ambassador of Christ! One goal for this year is to complain less and focus on trying to see the best instead.
Refocus: I really believe this year is a year of refocusing on what God has for my life. Pressing into Him with the desires of my heart. Deep down in my soul I feel (expect) God is going to do BIG things in my life this year and I am ready! I have no idea what He has planned, but I am so ready to listen and be obedient! J A piece of scripture that God has laid on my heart for this season is Psalm 37:3-7:
“Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heat’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. “
This scripture speaks so clearly to my heart- there is so much in this chapter and it has so much more meaning to me than I going to write out because there are just some things that are meant to be kept between God and I. Just know that Psalm 37 brings hope to my year of twenty-four!
Twenty-four is year of expecting and waiting patiently! J Waiting patiently is hard for me, but I want to be able to wait patiently in God because He knows so much better than I do!
The rest of my birthday was spent going to church with my roommate, shopping for a bridesmaids dress for my brother’s wedding!!!!! (unsuccessful, but still fun), trying new things like raw sushi! and a late night of talking with a dear friend! It was a beautiful and refreshing day! So far I loving twenty-four!
My birthday day summarized in pictures!

Happy birthday to me!
Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment