Sunday, February 28, 2016

Good, Good Father

A song that has been on repeat in my heart and head this week is Good Good Father by Chris Tomlin! God has shown Himself to me so faithfully this week and has shown me the kind of father He is in my life. 

“Oh, I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like
But I've heard the tender whisper of love in the dead of night
And you tell me that you're pleased
And that I'm never alone”

My time in Korea has been some of my loneliest moments yet, but in these lonely moments God has whispered in His tenderly loving way that “I am not alone.” He is all I need. He is right with me. Even in the dead of night when I can’t sleep He is watching over my thoughts and pointing them towards Him. 

“You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am”

 He is a Good, Good Father. He listens. He watches over me. He protects me. He loves me. He knows what is best. He never leaves me. He holds me. He accepts me. He pushes me in the right direction. He shows grace. He disciplines. He teaches. He shows the way. He loves deeply. He provides. He draws me near. 

“Oh, and I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word”

This week I have had the awesome opportunity of leading two of my students in accepting Jesus into their hearts. It’s all for God’s glory. Both students came to me after I had the opportunity to quickly share my testimony in our elementary chapel. They wanted to ask questions about God and were wondering how they could have Jesus in their hearts. The awesome things is that all answers were found in the Bible. Just like the song verse above says “ many are searching for answers far and wide, but I know we’re all searching for answers only [God]can provide.” It was the most amazing experience being able to witness these two students accept Jesus into their hearts. To see the joy of God fill their hearts. God- what an amazing father you are. All the glory to you! 

“You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am”

 God’s love has blown me away this week. I have been exhausted. It has been a non-stop two weeks between teaching, coaching soccer, loving on those in my community, talking with students about God, supporting one of my soccer girls in a ballet recital, and so much more. It is all good things and all things that I want to be doing, but my body is exhausted, but even though my physical is tired my spirit is overflowing with JOY. God has shown me how much He loves me this week and how much He cares about me by showing me exactly why He has me here even through this hard season. To see all that He is doing just leaves me in complete awe of His goodness and mercy and love and compassion! I am blown away by His love and goodness! 

“Cause you are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways
You are perfect in all of your ways to us”

God has shown me this week that even though I wanted to be like Jonah and run away from what God was asking me to do because it was hard and hurtful or it seemed that way in my eyes. God had a far better plan for this season. He really is perfect in all His way. He is the perfect Father. Even when I doubt He holds my hand and leads me into His perfect plan for my life. Even when jealousy or hurt or “not enough lies” fill my heart He blows them away with His perfect love and ways! Heart- just trust in Him and keep pressing forward! 

“Oh, it's love so undeniable
I, I can hardly speak
Peace so unexplainable
I, I can hardly think”

This week there has been more moments of lost of words than I have had in a long time (some of it could be because of exhaustion), but more because of the holiness of God. I have found myself in complete awe of all that God is doing in my life, my student’s lives and my family lives! He gives a peace that is so unexplainable. Even though there has been many amazing things this past week and so many things to just sit in awe praising God there has also been some hard. A little girl in my class who has lost her mama last year to cancer just lost her grandmother this week. My heart literally breaks for this little girl. I can hardly handle it, but then I am reminded to lay it at Jesus’s feet and walk in the love of Him. To love on this little girl with all that God’s love pours into for her. There has been many moments of jealously in my heart this week , selfishness, pridefulness and not feeling enough…

“As you call me deeper still 
Into love, love, love”

But God calls me deeper into His love. I don’t deserve this love. I am a sinner, but Jesus died on the cross to wash away my sins and to make pure as snow. And I am completely overwhelmed by that this week! It has been one crazy awesome week filled so full! Thank you, God for being a good, good father! 

“You're a Good, Good Father
(You are perfect in all of your ways)
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
(You are perfect in all of your ways)
It's who I am, it's who I am it's who I am”

{God I pray that you would protect my heart and attitude this week from the enemy who wants to steal, kill and take away joy. I pray that you would reign over my life, my classroom, my apartment, my school, my family and friends. I pray that you would be so presence like you always are. That my eyes would stay focus on you. That I would’t become prideful or overwhelmed, but look to you always! I love you!} 



Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment