Monday, April 25, 2016

Local Vacationing

Hello there. It’s been awhile. I could come up with all these excuses for my absent, but the truth is that I just haven’t taken time to write here. I haven’t really taken time to process my thoughts in writing much these days, but it’s time. It’s time to write about something I learned over spring break (which by the way seems like forever go now…)! 

Spring break came at a much needed time with the end of the school year approaching, the middle of soccer season,  and after leading a full week of service projects with the whole elementary school (basically like VBS)! 


One of my roommates and I decided to jet-off to Japan for six days and rest. It was such a beautiful and restful trip and here’s why: 
We stayed with friends. We became like locals for the week. We enjoyed the easy pace of life. We explored the little unknowns. We picnic next to a river. I ran through the neighborhoods and bamboo trees. We smelled the cherry blossoms at local golf range. We ate ramen at super yummy local restaurant. We shopped at a grocery store.  

We did do a few tourists things and I can honestly say those where the times where I was overwhelmed and didn’t really enjoy it. One, tourist things become so overrated and two, too many people! I want to see how the natives live. I want to truly experience what it is like to be a local in Japan. 

So my spring break trip to Japan taught me that I like to vacation like a local in the country. Skip out out on the tourist things and embrace the true culture of the country! 


Can’t wait for my next adventure of being a local…!

Love, Daniella 

No comments:

Post a Comment