Saturday, June 4, 2016

Quarter of a Century

Birthday morning coffee and Jesus Time
This week I turned a quarter of century a.k.a twenty-five with so much joy! As I celebrated one of my best birthday eves with bubble tea delivered to my classroom, eating Thai take-out with my family away from family on their balcony and an impromptu girl’s night with Evelyn and Sarah painting our nails sparkly pink! I thought, twenty-five, I’m ready for you! (This  is the first time in a long time that I have felt this way about turning a year older… last time was twenty-one!) 

I am so believing that this is going to be an awesome and a refreshing year. I’m looking forward to this year and all that God is going to lead me down, teach me and show me His faithfulness. Twenty-four was nothing, but learning through the valleys (more to come on this in the next blog post…I promise!) I have grown so much this past year and truly trust my Savior. I know that He is for me and not against me. That He will fight for me. Exodus 14:14 (there are so many cool stories of this). And that focusing on the things unseen is my heart desires. 2 Corinthians 4:18. 

This year at Christmas, God laid these three words on my heart and I believe they are what my twenty-fifth year is going to be sum-up as love. beauty. youth. 

Recently I listen to a sermon by Francs Chan talking about how it’s hard for humans to truly understand how much God loves us, but it is so essential  to. God is love. God created us and loves us to our core.  Over the past year I have truly learned what it means that God loves to my core and now I feel the passion to able to speak this truth to others. To continue to be in awe of His love for me and to share that with those around me. His beautiful and grace-filled love

Impromptu Girl's Night with #familyawayfromfamily 
God, I pray for a year of beauty. Beauty in seeing your work be done. Seeing your faithfulness in such a beautiful ways. Worshipping you. Soaking in your word. Memorize your scripture. More times of just you and me- all of these things create beauty. I pray that I would be a reflection of your beauty in all that I say and do. That your beauty would be my anchor. 

This past year God really gave me confidence in ministering to youth. Yes, I have had opportunities for the past 5 years or so, but I was never confident in it and didn’t think “I was good enough” to be doing it, but God has been chipping away at that insecurity in me over the years and replacing it with a boldness, love and wisdom that can only come from him. (Proverbs 1:7). I am definitely still growing in this call that God has placed on my heart, but I am now walking in His freedom and leading into it. This year I have truly found that I love pouring into youth. I am praying that as I move from my current role of that here in Korea that God would open up doors of opportunities continual where He leads me. I also think God is so awesome in His perfect timing of leading me to join Youth With A Mission for 6 months in doing a Discipleship Training School. It is so His perfect timing. He has set apart this time specifically- without a doubt in my heart; knowing that this is the perfect timing- it wasn’t meant for any other time, but now and that I can faithful believe for clarity of what to do afterwards. That He is already opening doors and creating plans for my future and preparing me for it. I am beyond excited to be going on this amazing faith adventure with my Savior, my father, my God! 
Celebrating with my second graders at the surprise party their mom's throw me! 

God, I thank you so much for this year of twenty-five. I so look forward to deepening my walk with you-to press deeply into your heart and live out your word. May my attitude always be filled with joy and grace. Open my eyes to your plans and ways. Help me to rejoice in hope. Be patient in tribulation and constant in prayer. Thank you so much for clearly laying Romans 12:9-13 on my heart for this year. May you show me so much through this passage as you etch it onto my heart this year. 
Source: http://frenchpressmornings.com/


Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment