Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The In-Between “Season”

The past three weeks have been a blur of spending time with family, saying good-bye, parties, a road-trip, getting lost in books, sleeping (yay!), and being refreshed since I have moved back from South Korea. My time here in the states is short though as I get ready to embark on another journey… New Zealand! 

The past week I have spent many hours preparing for this journey through shopping, packing and sorting my things as well as reading so much about the culture of New Zealand. I can’t wait to truly embrace this new culture.

Half the time I think I am crazy for quickly moving back from Korea and jumping right into moving to another country in less-than-a-month time period, but more than ever God has confirmed over and over again this is exactly what He has called me to do in this next season of my life. Am I afraid that I will never teach again? Am I afraid that I don’t have my exact plans in place for after my DTS? Honestly, no! Was I? Yes, but God has shown me this week over and over again how faithful He is to provide. How faithful He is in His timing and ways. As I have reflected over my last three years in Korea even though they were so challenging and I would never ever want to live through it again I am so thankful that I can see how faithful God was/is and that there were many good things out of my time there. {Wildflowers post & Oh, Korea Bye post}. 

As I prepare over the next week for my adventure in New Zealand I am taking time to spend with my mama, catch up on Skype dates with dear friends, loving on my grandmama, finishing last minute details for NZ and just resting. I know that my time in New Zealand will be so refreshing, life-changing and a safe-anchorage! Tauranga- the city that I will be living in literally means a safe-anchorage which is something that God has been speaking to me over and over again this year. He has been teaching me that He is my only safe-anchorage. That only in Him will I ever feel complete, and satisfy. That when I lose track of who I am or allow fear to overcome me. He is right there safely welcoming me into His embrace and making me brave again. My prayer over the next 6 months is that I would become brave in Jesus. Brave to boldly proclaim His name. Brave to stand up to injustice. Brave to be different. Brave to live a life following after Jesus and not the standards of the world. Brave to believe in the desire of my heart. Brave to dream big and follow after them. Brave to be me. 

Would you like to join me in prayer for this next season of my life? If, so please email me at daniellajoy9@gmail.com. I will be sending out weekly emails with updates and prayer request. Something else that God has been teaching me a whole lot about is the power of prayer and asking others to join you. It is a step of being vulnerable, but something that God honors so deeply. {More to come on this some time soon}. Thank you so much for partnering with me! 

Let’s be BRAVE together! 


Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment