Wednesday, October 23, 2013

...busy...

These days I feel oh, so busy! There seems to be a million things on my never ending to do list. Most things on this list are things that I want to do, but just can't seem to find the time to fit it all in the hours that I have. I wish I had more time to read for fun, to sit and talk with people, more time to plan my lessons, more time to pray, more time to enjoy what is around me and the list goes on. I wish I had more time to write in this blog. There are constant things that come to mind that I think " I should write a blog post about this", but then the day gets busy and days pass by without a post.

I feel exhaust these days... oh, too many things to get done! I am struggling with finding a balance between my job that I love even among the chaos and overwhelmingness of it and figuring out what my everyday life looks like in Korea. This week I have realize that the deep issues are that I want everything to be right, to be perfect, and to be my best. I want everything to be orangized, I want to do too much and I just don't have enough time. I know I can't ask for more time, but how do I figure out this balance. How do I just set down the schoolwork and say tomorrow is a new day? How do I carve out time to spend with people that I really want to spend time with? How do I find this balance that everyone talks about?

I don't know the answer at all, but I want to believe that I am slowly learning it. At this point I am not totally sure that I am, but I hope I am. I hope because I do know one thing and that is that God can give us rest. I need to lay down my desires, my perfectionist, my wants and rest at His feet. I having this deep longing to just rest in God's arms and be still even if it is just for moment...

 
Truly my soul finds rest in God;
my salvation comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2

...this week I want to seek those opportunites to rest in Him and I chanllege you to do the same. Let's put aside our busy to-do list and rest in God's arms! Oh, this sounds so refreshing to me!

Love, Daniella


No comments:

Post a Comment