Monday, October 28, 2013

Lovely Fall

My goal for this past weekend was to rest. Last weekend I posted about how exhausted I was. This whole transition thing is a lot on the mind and the body. There is so much that I am learning and observing that my mind is just tried. My body is just aching. It is a process and I am learning each and every day how to handle it better. Some days I handle it better than others. This weekend I took the challenge to rest and say "no" to many things (if you have known me for long you know that this is huge). I am going to be completely honest with y'all and say "I have a REALLY hard time saying no to things!" Slowly oh, so slowly I am learning that in order for me to be able to give my all I need to say no to some things. It is so stinking hard to find the balance. If anyone knows the secret please tell me!
I love the "crunch" of leaves under my feet!
So for this beautiful fall weekend I surrounded my weekend around these verses from Matthew 11: 28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." My weekend was filled with relaxing and restful things- being still before God, laying in bed awake for an hour before getting out in the morning, reading in the park, staying in my pjs until 3:30 in the afternoon, baking, working on small school projects, writing cards, journaling and praying about decisions. If you would love to pray for me this week that would be wonderful. I have some decisions to make about being apart of a spring break mission trip, coaching high school girl's soccer for my school and leading a woman's bible study. I really need wisdom in figuring out how much I can handle while still trying to figure out this whole first-year teaching business! And, oh, a new country!

Breath-Taking Beautiful FALL
Sunday was absolutely wonderful though! I can't even explain the feeling beside deep joy and feeling so close to God. I love that I am apart of a church community. I love that I got to go out to lunch with sweet friends and spend the afternoon walking through beautiful fall Songtan. Reading in the park was wonderful and a sweet time with Jesus as He whispered to me through words on the pages. On my walk home I found myself lost for a little bit, but somehow I stumbled upon my street. The walk was refreshing as the chilly fall weather is settling and the leaves are changing colors. Fall has arrived as October is coming to end. Anne of Green Gables sums October up so perfectly when she says:




I am looking forward to November as Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays surrounded around being thankful!




  Love , Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment