Sunday, November 24, 2013

Alone

Alone. This word has been on my mind constantly the past two weeks. You may be thinking alone? How are you alone? You have a community, you have your students, you have a roommate, you have friends and yes, I do know I have all of these things. And I am so thankful for each and every person in my life, but I have also felt more alone than I have ever have before. This is a new feeling for me. I have always been surrounded by my family growing up as well as a very busy and intentional Christian community. Then when I went to college I was surrounded by a bunch of ladies living in a dorm, tons of college friends and then I lived in a house with 4 other ladies! I was never alone in college. There was always someone to hang out with, talk with, do something with, eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with. And now in Korea I have enter into a new thing in my life- being alone. Eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner alone, running alone, hanging out on the weekends alone, spending evenings alone. Really this is a huge step for me because I have always been afraid of being alone, but I think being here in Korea is helping me to embrace that fear. Please do not miss read this blog as I am always alone I do spend time with people and I am so thankful for the friends, and "family" I have here (you know who you are and that my time in Korea would be completely different without you and that I am truly forever thankful for you!) Also, please do not feel bad for me; that is not why I am writing this post. I am writing this post to express what God is teaching me through all of this and to process what is on my heart.

Alone. This word use to make me nervous and afraid. It use to put anxiety into my heart and mind. Yes, sometime it still does and yes, I still do not like to be alone, but I am definitly learning how to embrace it with God's help and guidence. I do have a deep desire to be with someone someday, but I believe God is showing me how to embrace right now and discover new things about myself- like learning how to be more of a homemaker (homemade english muffins, pumpkin puree and such). I have enjoyed long walks listening to Pastor Levi from Fresh Life speak God's word in an amazing and challenging way. I have spent more time on my knees with Jesus. I have enjoyed lazy Saturday mornings. I learning to be thankful for these moments now and still hang on to the desire of someday of not being all alone. It is just different being alone. That's my conclusion. Different!

In these moments of being alone I am thankful that I am not truly not alone because I have the promise that God is always with me. I love this verse from John 14:8 " If God is all you have, you have all you need!" Oh, how I need to remind myself of this often "all I need in this world is God." He should be my hearts deepest desire.

If you feel alone in this world remember God is always always with us! He loves you so deeply and will always be the best of friends with you!

Thank you for being apart of my life!

Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment