Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Randomness

Oh, Korea! You are so random, but I am learning to love it! The past month has been a whirlwind of many activities, lesson planning, teaching, learning to rest and depending on God for so much! I still definitely have those up and down moments of being homesick. It hits me in waves. Small little things trigger a strong emotion of just wanting to be home where everything is so familiar, but at the same time I can't imagine missing out on the people or things that I have experience so far. The Lord has continue to show me this past week multiple reasons why He has me here in Korea. He is in complete control. He knew that my job was to teach second grade instead of third grade. He knew I would need a friend and He has provided one. He knew that I would need a family and He has provided one. He knew I would need a roommate and He has provided one. He knew that I would need to learn again what it means to be patience with myself and to allow myself to rest. He knew that I would get homesick so in those moments He gently reminds me that my home is in Him. These are small blessings that I am so thankful!

As I have been reflecting this past week one word that has come to my mind often is "random". In my thinking right now I think Korea is random. There are so many little stores around here that sell random things all in one store. After my 10k race I was served a huge meal with traditional Korea food (random). Last weekend I went to Lantern Festival. There was lanterns sitting on stages in the river for display! Over the weekend, I got to take care of a three old and spoil him while his parents were gone. I loved it! Yesterday, we celebrated "peppero" day which is kind of like "american" valentine's day. Everyone gives each other these cookie sticks dip in chocolate! Today we were sent home early because the water stopped working at school and we couldn't keep elementary students at school all day without going to the bathroom. My students couldn't even last the hour and half that we did spend at school. So random I know! And now I am listening to Christmas music which I never do before Thanksgiving, but Thanksgiving is so late this year. See what I am talking about so many random things! But these random things are blessings! These little stores have what you need all in one store, the food was so good after my race, the Lateran Festival was a fun night, and taking care of Caleb was a blast! I ate three boxes of peppero! Today I was able to get so much accomplished grocery shopping, talking with my family for 2 hours, lesson planning, pinterest, thinking of Christmas gifts, cleaning, relaxing and blogging! Yes, I am learning to embrace the randomness and look for the blessings that are in each of them.

The holiday season is approaching- my favorite time of the year Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am anixoulsy awaiting the holidays as I spend Thanksgiving with my community in Korea and Christmas with my family in the States! Both will be precious times I am sure. I.CANNOT. WAIT!

Thanks for sticking with me through this random blog post to go along with the random theme! I appreciate each and everyone of you who reads this blog! Thank you for your kind words, support and encouragement!

Love,
Daniella


No comments:

Post a Comment