Tuesday, July 22, 2014

For-get-me-not

My soul is happy. My body is tried. My heart is encouraged. It has been an amazing summer soaking in so much of God’s grace and goodness. Someone asked me “What has been your favorite part of the summer?” And I can honestly answer every single minute of it.

I loved spending 3 weeks with my dad, mom and sister. I loved having dad-daughter dates, mama-daughter dates and sister dates. I loved spending the weekend in Bozeman with my whole family.  I loved talking with my montana mentor, Annie. I loved hiking in Glacier Park and meeting new friends at YWAM MT. I loved helping my best friend from high school with her wedding and stand by her side as she said “I do”. I loved spending quality time with my grandparents. I loved being a part of my college el ed friend’s wedding. I loved that I got to see Christy and just talk. I loved being in Indiana. I loved running again with Kristin. I loved talking with Danielle. I loved being adventurous with Kat. I loved going to the park with Laura. I loved eating dinner with Cath. I loved having lunch with Dr. Tyner and Stan. I loved sitting by the president’s pond with Kari for a quick little visit. I loved walking around TU campus with my college housemates. I loved visiting Ivanhoe’s twice in two days. I loved talking with Jess about life ahead. I loved sitting in Starbucks chit-chatting with Dereck. I loved the worship at my college church. I loved walking around 100 acres with friends. I loved reconnecting with Ann, a high school friend. I loved seeing aunts, uncles, and cousins. I loved my summer.
It was a full summer of rich conversations, encouraging words and reflecting on so many memories. I am so thankful for each person who took the time for me this summer and allowed me to be a part of their lives for a little bit. Please do not for-get-me-not. You each have a dear place in my heart and I am serious when I say you are always welcomed in South Korea! J
My soul is happy. My body is tried. My heart is encouraged. This summer has been good for my soul. It has helped me to gain perspective and excited for this next school year. I feel joy, peace, giddiness, and contentment for what is next. I am excited to get on the airplane tomorrow and make the long journey to my home for now, South Korea. I can’t wait to settle into my new apartment and decorate it. I can’t wait to set up my classroom and met my new little ones. I can’t wait to see Sarah, Caleb and Evelyn who I have missed so dearly this summer. I am ready to embrace this year for whatever God has for me. I have learned that through all things He gives me strength and wisdom. Yes, this year may have some challenges, but I have grown to know that when you have a hopeful perspective it gets you far. Round 2 here I come! J Remember don’t for-get-me-not because I won't forget you! Please continue to keep me updated on what's going on in your life and how I can pray for you! I love you much!
Remember
                                                                                                                        Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment