Monday, July 7, 2014

What's next?

What’s next is a common question that so many have asked me this summer while being “home” in the states. Most of you know that I signed a 2-year contact with Pyeongtaek International Christian School and you know that I did survive the first year (only by the grace of God, lots of prayer and my supportive family both in Korea and my biological family). So I have one more year of teaching left in my contact for sure (and I am really excited about this coming year!!!), but what’s going to happen next?

Well, with international teaching you have to make your decision if you are going to sign another one year contact by November. Of course I have to get an invitation to return, but we are just going to pretend that I do! ;) When I signed my contact last year I remember thinking I can do this it’s only two years and then we will see what God has for me, but never did I think I would have to already be making another decision of what’s next so soon.  Suddenly it feels like life is going so fast! Where did the last year go?
This summer I have been in constant prayer and mapping out different options of “what’s next?” I have about 4 different options that I am exploring and praying about constantly! Sometimes I get overwhelmed and wish I just knew what life is going to look like in a year, but then God reminds me that my life is in His hands. His plans to give me a hope and a future! (Jer. 29:11)
In the beginning of the summer I just happened to discover an amazing blog called she reads truth. It is a blog devotional that a group of woman have put together. Each day there is a little devotional to go with a few verses from the Bible. They go through each chapter of the Bible. This month “we” are going through the book of Ruth.  I love the book of Ruth for many reasons and have been in many bible studies that study this book and heard lots of sermons on it, but as I have been reading through it again this summer it has captured my heart.  I feel like the book of Ruth was written for me this summer. In each verse God has spoken to me and has laid different truths on my life in some many different areas of my life. It has been amazing setting apart time discovering what the Lord wants to teach me through His words in the book of Ruth.
Something that grab my heart yesterday that goes along with my prayer of “what’s next?” can be found in Ruth 1:6.

This verse is a very commonly used verse and I have heard it over and over again, but oh, my! did the Lord capture my heart again when reading it and gave me an amazing feeling of peace. He asked me to give Him complete control. To submit all my plans (4 options) to Him. He asked me to declare “God- where you go I go. Where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people (those who you want me to love) and you are my God! I submit my ideas, my dreams, my desires, my will, my way to you, God. I surrender because I want to follow your way. Show me so clearly what is next in my life. I say I will do anything you ask of me even if it is not what I thought because I realize that you are so much better. Your way is the truth and the best. I want it!”
So, what’s next? I have no idea right now, but I completely trust in my Savior. Just like how Ruth had to wait (waiting place) for Boaz to be her redeemer and for God’s timing. (Ruth 3:18). I am waiting in the waiting place, but never once has our God left our story unfinished and unredeemed. I have faith that in the perfect timing God will open and close the doors for what’s next in my life. He will show me so clearly and I will walk in His will. All I can do now is pray and be still before the One who knows it all, my Savior.
"Where you Go, God, I will Follow" "I TRUST in you"

If you like to pray for what’s next in my life I would love it. I deeply believe God loves to hear our prayers and know that we have to depend on Him for the very best. As I walk out in what God has for me next I will keep you updated! J

Much love, Daniella

2 comments:

  1. right there with you...only I have no idea what I am doing tomorrow and beyond :) Way to start earlier! Great words of truth! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karla! I will be praying that the Lord open and closes the door for you! Keep trusting Him!

      Delete