Sunday, April 12, 2015

Kenya captured my {heart} Part 5

It is amazing to think that it has been over a month since I travelled to Kenya and got my heart captured by it. Times just keeps ticking, but the memories are staying- the good ones and bad ones. They are continuing to teach me, grow me, overwhelm, stretch me and bring healing to my heart.

Kenya wreaked my life in a good way and bad way. There is still so much to think through and figure out how to move on with all that I saw, experience and felt. Some days I am doing great and other days I ready to cry or scream or just be angry. To be honest I am having more angry days then good days lately. My heart just feels so unsettled with where I am. I just want to be anywhere, but where I am. I keep trying to find ways to leave or change my circumstances, but I was challenged this week that our circumstances don’t matter to God. He just wants me to be completely focused on Him. He wants me to completely trust Him with where He has me. He wants me to rest in Him and in Him alone! He wants me to susurrate my soul in His word and cling to the truth that He has given me, but my heart and mind are fighting it. Ah!
Now that I allowed you to see what’s going on in my heart I want to share with you the moments I had at the New Life Home Trust. This place is a wonderful and peaceful baby orphanage located in Nairobi. Well, there we were able to play with babies and hold them tight whispering to them how much they are loved. How beautiful they are and speaking truth into their little ears. I started out with a cute little girl who just nestled right into my arms. She was about 7 months old. She loved to stand up on my legs and dance except that her stomached couldn’t really take because she kept spitting up every time we did.   Poor little sweetie. She has a hard time keeping her milk down one of the workers told me. Eventually they took her away from me because she kept spitting up. She was such a peacefully baby and I pray that she will know/experience the deep love of her heavenly father as she continues to grow. I ended my time there holding a little boy who was very sleepy, but couldn’t go to sleep because they are all on a strict schedule. I had the challenged of keeping his eyes open! Oh, what a cute little smile he had. I pray that he will grow up to be a man of God and light to those all around him.
 I also had the opportunity to talk to another lady who was volunteering there. She volunteers about twice a month. She was about my age and she works for a news station. She shared her story with me and I was amazed and touched how God open up a door of hearing a beautiful story of His grace with a stranger I had never met. It felt like we had known each other before. What a beautiful thing it is to be in communion with other believers. They truly are your brothers and sisters in Christ. This was something that placed upon my heart as fellowship with this lady.
We were not allowed to take pictures at this orphanage, but I can still see the smiles of the babies. The sweet care of the care ladies. The cleanliness of the rooms. The peace that overflowed and the joy that was heard.
My heart is burdened for the millions of orphans around the world.  There are so many beautiful lives longing to be loved and in a forever family. Will you join me in taking one day out of your week and praying for orphans around the world? Here are 7 seven ways that you can pray for them:

Don't just pray in the month of November, but pray year around!!!
 
My soul is reminded that I was once an orphan strained in sin, but my Savior adopted me and pulled me close with His never-ending, always forgiving, full of grace love and promises to come. (John 14:18) Let’s be a voice and love for these loves that have experienced way too much for their little age. Please join me in prayer!

I ran a 10k this weekend to raise funds for adoption!!
                                                                                                                        Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment