Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Heart

Hello friends,

I am so sorry that I have not written in my blog for a while. It is something that is on my to-do list each day, but it always seems to be the last thing to get done.

Today, I want to write about what I am thankful for especially since being in Thailand. I know that Thanksgiving was like 3 weeks ago, but it is one of my favorite holidays. I love Thanksgiving because it is a time to be with "family and friends" and remember all that you are thankful.

This year I have learned a lot more about living with graditude- it has change my outlook on life completely. The book that jump started this change in my life was One Thousands Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I encourage you to read it and pursue a life of gratitude. It is so refreshing.

                                                         I am so so thankful for....
-my faith
-my family
-my friends
-amazing connections with people all around the world
-the passion I have for teaching
-being overseas and learning through a different culture
-love, joy and thankfulness
-my student-teaching experience
-my professors at Taylor University
-my housemates in Indiana & Thailand
-skype!!!
- chocolate
-fresh bananas
-beautiful sunsets and sunrises 
- and learning to rest

My thankful list could on and on about little the things I thankful such as my toothbrush, but I just wanted to express with you the things that I am especially thankful for in the season that I am in right now.

Thanksgiving this year was spent at an International Teaching Conference. For my thanksgiving dinner I had pizza and pie in the hotel lobby with some dear friends that I have made here in Thailand. We went around the circle and said what we were thankful for... it was so great! Don't worry I did have a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with my roommates and a family from school with turkey, stuffing, yummy potatoes, and pumpkin pie!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment