Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Day Jitters

Today was the day; my first day of school! I woke up with the first day jitters, but as soon as my little ones walked through the door my nerves went away and I just beamed with JOY all morning long.  We only had a half day today so really my first full day of school is tomorrow and I am hoping that I remember to take a picture so that I always remember this moment! J

My favorite moment of the day was when I read my students First Jitters by Julie Dannebery. If you haven’t read the story you should. It is a cute one. Anyways, it talks about being nervous on the first day of school and even how teachers are nervous too. I loved being able to talk with my students about how they felt before coming to school and telling them how I felt. It was fun to see their reaction when they realized that teachers feel the same way on the first day of school.

It is only day one of the school year and my teaching career, but I am already in love with my seven students. I just have a feeling that it is going to be an exciting year of growth, learning, and experiencing God in many new ways.
Love, Daniella
P.S. Here are some encouragements I received today:

No comments:

Post a Comment