Sunday, August 18, 2013

I choose!

Today it hit! I am in a new country. Everything is different and not easy. I am not looking for easy, but I would love familiarity. I tried making cookies (my go to cookies that I made all the time in college for friends), but they turned out completely flat. I tried making pancakes (the usual Saturday morning pancakes I had with my college housemates) and they completely failed. I walked into a grocery and had no idea what anything meant. I sat in McDonalds for air conditioning and time out of my apartment and got completely overwhelmed with not knowing what everyone was talking about because I don’t speak Korean. There are many other “hardships” that I could explain to you that are leading me towards feeling completely homesick…

BUT
 I am choosing to look for good in everything. Even though the cookies were flat everyone ate them and loved them. Even though my pancakes completely failed I could have a good laugh, cry and remember good memories of my friends. Even though I could not read the labels in the store  I still found a few items I knew!  Even though I got completely overwhelmed in McDonalds it was a nice place to get a rest from the heat and a break from my apartment. So, I have decided that I am going  to choose to be grateful. The Lord has provided so much for me. He is all that I need.  Today was a good reminder of what God is calling me to do…. He is not calling me to take the easy way, but He is calling me to follow Him with all my heart and I choose to follow Him through the ups and downs and see the goodness through them both.
I choose to live out this verse in all things:

 
 

Love,
Daniella

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Daniella. You captured my thoughts exactly. thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete