Sunday, March 23, 2014

{Settled}

I know that most of post since moving to South Korea have been about the hard aches of my transition here and the lessons that God is/has been teaching me through every heart ache, tears, disappointments, struggles and misunderstandings. Well, today I want to share with you that I think I am starting to feel {settled} in where God has me. There are still many frustrations, disappointments, and struggles, but through it all God is/has been modelling my heart and showing me the simply beautiful journey He is taking me on through this chapter in my life.

In front of my home- it's really starting to feel like home! J  
Today, I spent the day really resting, having lunch with my girlfriends, reading cards on my rooftop while soaking in the sun, going for a run, buying fresh strawberries to make chocolate dipped strawberries and updating my blog. Oh, I forgot to tell you… my spring break has started! Yay!  With all this said I was reading through the wonderful cards that so many people who mean the most to me have written to me while I have been in Korea. I came upon an envelope that I had jotted down some notes on. I have no idea what book or blog I was reading, but let me tell you it must have been a good one because these quotes are good. One that really stuck out to me today was:
“God is saying to us, over and over “What can I do today to remind you again how good this life is?”
So true! My life is so good because I get to journey through it with a Savior, Jesus Christ who makes it simply beautiful. God never promised life would be easier actually He said “that we will face trials”, but with that He said “He would never leave us or make us do it on our own!”

Corrie Ten Boom is one of my favorite heroes. I try to read her book The Hiding Place once a year. Every time I read it, it puts my life into perspective again.  Anyways, I love this quote that she says “With Jesus even in our darkest moments the best remains and the very best is yet to be…” My desire over spring break is to allow God to change my perspective of being here in Korea. I have had the perspective of it being hard and not at all what I expected it to be, but I have decided that I don’t want to stay stuck in this mind-set. Through lots of prayer because I know that is the only way I am going to be able to change my mind-set to see what the very best yet to come is going to be. My prayer is that I will embrace where I am and seek to see the goodness in it all. To allow joy to flow in and out of me. To focus on positivity. To focus on an eternal perspective. To change my heart and my mind to focus on the journey that God has for me and have peace that there is a reason for each emotion.
Love these words!!
This spring break is all about refreshment and gaining a new perspective. I have the lovely opportunity of traveling with some co-workers to see Taiwan. I think this is perfect timing because it will allow me to leave Korea (leave behind the old mind-set) and return to Korea with a desire to gain the new mind-set. I have also taken the weekends to rest and organize my life. Much needed! So, after all the post of storms it looks like the sun is breaking through the clouds. Yes, I do know that I am still going to face hard times, but that’s okay- it’s life and that’s what makes it a beautiful mess! J  

Love, Daniella
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Well said Daniella. So glad your starting to feel more settled. You are exactly where your supposed to be. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete