Thursday, May 1, 2014

So Worth it!

Today I came home from school went grocery shopping, got lots of school work done, made dinner, relaxed, looked at plane tickets, took a shower and now I am going  to bed at 8:30… can you guess that I have more time now that soccer season is over?!? It’s amazing how much time was taken away coaching, but you know what I miss it. I miss going to practice every day. I miss seeing the girls on my team. I miss being challenged. I miss being outside. I miss seeing goals accomplished. I miss it. Yes, it is nice to have a few extra hours in my day and my body is surely telling me that I have been busy for way too long this week, but I still miss it.

I miss this! The joy and the laughs!
Coaching soccer was good for me. It helped me to focus on something other than school and life. It helped me to be discipline. I was so much healthier while coaching soccer. I was so much more self-discipline and productive! It helped me gain my confidence again. It brought me closer to God- who I relied on for everything during the season.

My Team on Senior Day! We only had one senior! :)

Coaching soccer was good for me. It allowed me to go beyond knowing just the elementary students in my school, but now I know some of the high school girls. It pushed me out of my comfort zone and humbled me when I had to ask for help so many times. It stretched me when I had to make decisions and figure out what was best for my team. It opened my eyes again to what it is like to be in high school and the issues that high schoolers deal with every day.  

It is hard to believe that our incredible season is over. My girls went undefeated in their season being #1 in conference and then they went on to victory winning first place in tournament. These Lady Conquerors went against the odds of having only 12 players and 3 who had never played soccer before to being champions with grace. Being a coach to these ladies was a huge blessing and lifesaver in my life.  As you know moving to Korea has been a hard transition, but God has continue to be so faithful through it all providing me with just what I need at the right time and this spring He provided me with 12 high school girls to coach. I would have never guessed that this would have happened, but I am so thankful it did. I would not trade the past two months for anything. These ladies taught me so much about the importance of teamwork, encouraging one another, playing for the glory of God, never giving up, and finding the strength to push through all things, goal making and what it means to love unconditionally! I learned so much through this season and I am excited to say that I will be coaching again next season! J

We did it!!!! We had amazing season of hard work and it paid off!
Highlights of the season include:

·         Building a team that pushed each other to do better

·         Having team dinners at my apartment (I am never having 12 kids- it is so much food and work!!!)

·         Praying before and after each game remembering why we are playing- All for His glory because He has given us the ability to play.

·         Creating goals as a team and individually before each and every game

·         Beautiful sunny days of practice

·         Running to AK Plaza, getting smoothies and doing communication games

·         Having a great fan support

·         Seeing girls accomplish their goals and playing their hardest

·         Winning tournament even though other teams didn’t think we deserve it! We just played our best! J

·         Coaching with Hannah (an amazing assisted coach!!!)

Team Dinner=loading up on the carbs!

Soccer was so so so good for me! I am so thankful for each thing that I learned through the season and I am excited for next year because it can only get better with changes! J This is one thing that I have learned as a first year teacher and coach- changes are always good! Thank you, God, for giving me this amazing opportunity and allowing me to learn so much through it! I am one happy coach!

What a team! I miss them!
                                                                                                                       
 
Our team motto for the season!
Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment