Friday, May 30, 2014

Embracing twenty-three

23About two weeks ago I was freaked out about twenty-three- it just seemed older. It just seemed liked I was getting old too fast.  It just seemed weird. I didn’t feel ready to embrace another year of getting older and beside twenty-two has a good ring to it. Yes, some of these things are still true like I am getting older and twenty-two has a good ring to it, but over the past two weeks God has been working in my heart and embracing me with truths for this next year. After an episode of freaking out about getting older I committed my fears and my anxious thoughts to God and committed to prayer each day to seek God’s desire for this next year in my life.
God has laid some beautiful truths on my heart and has helped me embrace this new year in my life. I am choosing to cling to these truths. He is making me new. A song that has been playing over and over again on my runs is Beautiful Things by the band Gungor. This song talks about how God makes beautiful things out of dust. I am just in awe these days with how much God loves me. He sent his only son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sins so that I could be loved no matter what. There is absolutely nothing that can separate me from His love (Romans 8:37-39). How awesome is that. This morning as I opened up my bible to read I happened to be in Matthew 26 where it talks about Jesus having His last meal, being betrayed and then denied; wow, God perfect timing because this is something that has been on my heart lately. I have being pondering what Jesus’ death truly means to me in my life and what it means for me to live it out.
My Birthday Morning- Beautiful!
This past year God has helped me work through my fears, strongholds and to face my sins. He has called me to trust Him more and depend on Him more. My life is not perfect and I still have things to work through, but that is the beautiful thing about this life with Christ. We are not perfect, but He still loves us. He still desires us. He helps us through each circumstance. He is always faithful.  I am so excited for what this year is going to be.
As I embrace this year there are twenty-three things that I am going to focus on it, grow in and embrace:
1.      Eat healthy (lots of veggies, quinoa, coconut oil and less baking)

2.      Workout (run a ½ marathon)

3.      Thankfulness (continue to write in my thankful journal and wake up each morning with the saying “today I am grateful”

4.      Read More! (Spend Sunday afternoons reading)

5.      Practice a Sabbath

6.      Seek God for confidence in my roles in life

7.      Say No! Learning what it means to put up boundaries and not feel guilty for saying No!

8.      Be generous! (give my tithes first to God and then give beyond that)

9.      Encouragement (write letters, notes, and send packages)

10. Say Sorry with no “buts”

11. Find a new hobby (no more baking!!!)

12.  Go on adventures

13. No gossiping!

14. Practice the Fruits of the Spirit

15. Take a Korean class (embrace the culture I am living in)

16. Teach with my whole heart

17. Embrace alone (spend 1 Saturday a month all alone)

18. Be hospitable (invite people over for dinner, game nights, coffee, ect)

19. Play Games (dutch blitz because I just enjoy it)

20. Read through the whole bible and really soak it all in

21. Maintain my “healthy” weight

22. Volunteer at an orphanage (this is something that is always on my heart)

23. Live out Micah 6:8 “To do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God!”
My desire is to live out this verse this year...
I am not going to allow the age of twenty-three to freak me or make me anxious instead I am going to embrace it with a God who will carry me through and continue to speak beautiful truths into my life as well as help me work through the twenty-three things He has placed on my heart! J

Happy Birthday to me!

                                                                                                            Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment