Thursday, May 8, 2014

Walk by Faith

These past couple of weeks have definitely been a test.  It has been a hard adjustment coming off of incredible season of coaching soccer. I didn’t realize how much I loved it and how much it filled my day up. I now have so much more time, but less motivation to get the things that I need to get done. It is funny how when you don’t have a lot of time you can be determined to work hard and get so much done, but when you do have a lot of time it becomes so hard to finish a task.

These past couple of weeks have I been faced with many valleys that I have had to walk through. Without going into details these valleys have involved student problems (prays would be appreciated with how to deal with it), relationships and a reoccurring lesson that God has to keep teaching me over and over again. These valleys have drained me- mentally, spiritually, and physically, but you see it is not just these valleys, but the valleys that I have had to face all year. I just feel like every time I feel I am doing really well, feel settled and just loving life I am hit with another battle to face (a valley). It has been draining- mentally, spiritually and physically.  There moments when I don’t think I will be able to make it to the end of the school year, but then I am reminded that I have a God that promises to never leave me. He will carry me. His burden is light and His yoke is easy and He asks me to give it all to Him (Matthew 11:30). 

I am reminded that I have to walk by faith even when I cannot see what is going to happen. I have to have faith that God will give me the wisdom to guide my students in the right direction of loving one another through their differences. I have to have faith that God is in my relationships and that His plans will be clear. He has a plan and a purpose for each action, word and placing of people in your life even if it is not the way you or they see it. He sees the whole picture.  I have to have faith that I will finally be at peace with the lesson that God has been trying to teach me over and over again. I have to have faith that I will bend my knees in this area and give it all to Him.

I have decided that I will walk by faith even when I cannot see because I know that I have a God who will guide me and who will show me the way. (2 Corinthians 5:7)He will always protect me, teach me and love me. Faith is believing even when you cannot see and I am deciding today to take on this challenge of having faith that God has a purpose for this past year and that it is drawing me closer to His heart and His will for my life!

Love, Daniella


No comments:

Post a Comment